is planning to reach people and create awareness about trafficking in the society by organizing events and programs in schools, colleges and corporate companies.
Trafficked people are held against their will through acts of coercion and forced to work for or provide services to the trafficker or others. The work or services may include anything from bonded or forced labour to commercial sexual exploitation. Social inequality, regional gender preference, imbalance and corruption are the other leading causes of human trafficking in India. Some children are even illegally placed in the adoption system for profit and some are even sold for body parts. This terrible tragedy on mankind needs to be exposed and eliminated.
Below are some of the most commonly reported forms of human trafficking and modern slavery:
- Sexual Exploitation: This is when someone is deceived, coerced or forced to take part in sexual activity.
- Labor Exploitation: This is when someone or even families are deceived and coerced to work for little or no pay for generations.
- Domestic Servitude: This is when people are used and exploited for service of those in higher places of our society
- Forced Marriage: This is when young women, children and even young men are forced into marriages.
- Forced Criminality: This is when people are forced to commit crimes and even become professional beggars for a group or mob.
- Child Soldiers: This is when children are trained and forced to fight for someone else’s wars.
- Adoption Agencies: This is when children are stolen and placed in adoption agencies to basically be sold
- Organ Harvesting: This is when human body parts are marketed and sold for high profits.